Just a list of things obsoleted by the Internet. Pretty amazing if you think about it.
- Time, i.e. the number you would call to hear a recording say “At the tone, the time is…”
- Phone books (e.g. Yellow Pages)
- The Dewey decimal system
- Video rental stores (e.g. Blockbuster)
- Encyclopedias and dictionaries
- Fax machines
- Letters/snail mail (!)
Soon to be obsoleted?
- Cable television
- The Electoral College?
- Traditional banking
- Most retail outlets?
- 9-5 office jobs?
- Salaried employees?
- Traditional schooling?
- Libraries? (Although I hope not, unless replaced digitally of course)