To be lightweight:
- Easy to learn. Traditional software is complex and has a lot of features. A new lightweight app should be simple enjoy to learn in a few steps and not require any documentation
- Easy to get started. Not a lot should be required to get started.
- Completes or supports the completion of a single task. Keeping it simple.
- Does not require an external process to change. Fits right in with existing processes/is flexible.
- Do not stagnate. New features and updates should be constantly rolled-out
- Be context aware. What is the user trying to do? How can the app help them?
- Support should be available and automated where possible