Some things I’d like to explore:
- What is the composition of the human brain that differs from animals, i.e. what makes us special?
- What is the effect of regulations on energy use? Freakonomics did a great podcast on this recently.
- US prison populations versus other nations. We need to be ashamed of this.
- Effect of paleo/low carb/other fad diet on body composition
- Decision-making process for car-part recalls (a la Fight Club)
- Inefficiencies in processes at the DMV
- Inefficiencies in tax-revenue expenditures at the federal level
- Sources of political/super-pac money
- Brain chemistry of religious vs. non-religious people
- Typical life of truck drivers (since this is apparently the most common job in most US states)